- May 21-26: Cinema Planeta, Cuernavaca, Moreles, Mexico
- May 29-June 23: Doc Edge, Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand
- June 2 & 3: Seattle International Film Festival, Seattle, WA | Buy tickets
- June 4: Showplace Icon, Theater 1, Boston, MA
- June 6: AMC River East 21, Chicago, IL
- June 11: Variety Club Screening Room, San Francisco, CA
- June 7-13: IFC Center, New York, New York | Tickets on sale soon
- June 7-13: Laemmle Monica Film Center, Santa Monica, CA | Tickets on sale soon
- June 14-20: Landmark West End, Washington, DC | Tickets on sale soon
- June 21-27: Landmark Opera Plaza, San Francisco, CA | Tickets on sale soon
- June 21-27: Landmark Shattuck, Shattuck, CA | Tickets on sale soon
- June 21-27: The Fix, Boise, ID | Tickets on sale soon
- June 21-27: Landmark Ritz at the Bourse, Philadelphia, PA | Tickets on sale soon
Thousands are Enslaved
Directed by Shannon Service and Jeffrey Waldron, "Ghost Fleet" delves into Thailand's fishing industry, which supplies a large portion of the world’s seafood. The country’s giant fishing fleet is chronically short of up to 60,000 fishermen per year, leaving captains scrambling to find crew.
Human traffickers have seized upon the labor shortage, selling captives from Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos and across Southeast Asia for a few hundred dollars each.
Once at sea, the men often go months, or even years, without setting foot on land. Beaten, starved and held in cages, men are forced to work for little or no pay.
Thousands of slaves currently work in the Thailand’s seafood industry.
Help Patima rescue Thai and migrant workers
The Labour Rights Promotion Network Foundation (LPN) is committed to protecting and improving the lives of migrant workers in Thailand. They strive to advocate for equality, both in the workplace and the community and aim to assist migrants and their families integrate peacefully into Thai society.