- September 4-28: Singapore Eco Film Festival | Tickets Available Soon
- September 6: Transitie Cinema, The Hague, Netherlands | RSVP
- September 6-12: Boise Theatrical Release at The Flicks: Rick's Cafe Americain | Tickets
- September 7: Info Birmanie & Good Planet Foundation, Paris | RSVP
- September 13: PlanetOn, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia | Tickets
- September 15: Freeland Film Festival, Green Lake, WI | Tickets
- September 18: Center for Human Rights, Atlanta, GA | RSVP
- September 20: Spaulding Marine Center, Sausalito, CA | RSVP
- September 23: Take One Action Film Festival, Glasgow, Scotland | Ticket
- September 24: Take One Action Film Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland | Tickets
- September 26: Capitol Filmkunsttheater, Marburg, Germany | Tickets
- October 3: World Affairs Council, San Francisco, CA | RSVP
- October 25 & 27: Friday Harbor Film Festival, Friday Harbor, WA | Tickets
Thousands Have Been Enslaved
Directed by Shannon Service and Jeffrey Waldron, "Ghost Fleet" delves into Thailand's fishing industry, which supplies a large portion of the world’s seafood. The country’s giant fishing fleet is chronically short of up to 60,000 fishermen per year, leaving captains scrambling to find crew. Human traffickers have seized upon the labor shortage, selling people from Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos and across Southeast Asia for a few hundred dollars each. Once at sea, the men often go months, or even years, without setting foot on land. Beaten, starved and held in cages, men are forced to work for little or no pay.
Thousands of slaves currently work in the Thailand’s seafood industry.
Help Patima rescue Thai and migrant workers
The Labour Protection Network (LPN) is committed to safeguarding and improving the lives of migrant workers in Thailand. They strive to advocate for equality, both in the workplace and the community and aim to assist migrants and their families integrate peacefully into Thai society. Facing death threats and corruption, Patima and the team risk their lives to find justice and freedom for the enslaved fishermen who feed the world's insatiable appetite for seafood.